martedì 21 aprile 2015

Shopping in Lucca is amazing!


Not as amazing as Oxford Street but is still quite memorable. To begin with the shop windows are something else.They re-evoke scenes from an imaginary land where women become fairies in a wonderland. I stop and gaze at them on end....or until I get a strange look from the shop assistant.

I'm afraid to enter shops which is why I usually need the company of Italian friends. They are a support when asked what I desire by the shop assistants. Help!!!! What do I desire?? I really don't know and even if I knew how could I describe it. I tried once to say that I wanted a long sleeved top but I ran out of the shop as red as a beetroot almost in tears and WITHOUT a top! The assistant has not recovered either.

It's not easy to just look around without an aim or a desire here but I'm getting used to it. Nevertheless I never go in shops....there are a few I go into out of necessity and where the shop assistants know me but otherwise I avoid them like the plague.

As most of my friends living here I do all my shopping when I return to London. I leave from Pisa with an empty suitcase and return with a year's supply.

The clothing words, too, being so different don't help either. A pair of jeans or trousers becomes ' one jeans or one trousers (un jeans or un pantalone) and a vest is....well, I still don't really know. Jumpers are impossible as the collar can be girocollo, dolcevita or scollo a V together with tailleur and abitino for suit and dress are just too much for me to handle.

Sometimes friends come along for moral support but once left alone I'm a complete disaster. What should I do? Any suggestions welcome....

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento