lunedì 27 aprile 2015

The joy of the present perfect



Hard work pays off....or so people say.I'm not so sure but I definitely think that working with your mind and soul pays off.
Putting a bit of love and enthusiasm in what you do always pays off, especially 
where teaching is concerned.
It sometimes seems impossible to explain why it's wrong to say 'I have gone to London last year' but right to say 'I went to London last year' or why 'I'll call you' is better than 'I call you'!!!

You realise it was all worth the effort when as an expression of gratitude you find a glorious home-made chocolate cake waiting for you with a little note attached to the cling film covering it: 'Thank you for everything you have done....' and on the back 'since the beginning of the course!!'.


The present perfect with 'since' - What joy!!!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento